|The Ballinger City Hall was built
by the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad as a passenger and railway
express terminal in 1911. Passenger service was discontinued
in 1965. The Santa Fe Railroad continued to use the building and it housed
the Bus station for a period of time.
The City of Ballinger gained possession
of the building, restored it, adapted it to municipal purposes and moved
into the building June of 1984.
The building also houses the Ballinger
Chamber of Commerce.